Find Accredited Pharmacy Technician Schools in TennesseeThere are many organizations and programs that claim to offer pharmacy enthusiast training; however, it is very important that you only enroll in a program or school that is accredited as non-accredited schools are not recognized by the state board. The American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists has a searchable database of accredited programs by state, and you can use this list to help narrow your search. Each school or program name is linked to a directory listing explaining the program and offering contact information for the program director. You can also contact the Tennessee Board of Pharmacy and ask for recommendations as to which programs would most benefit you and assist you in attaining your individual career goals.
How to Get Certified in TennesseeOnce you complete the required coursework associated with the program you choose, you'll need to pass the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board exam. You will then need to register with the Tennessee Board of Pharmacy. The initial registration fee is $85, and you will also be required to undergo a criminal background test, which is $42. You'll mail the results of all exams, required materials, and your application for registration to the board and upon being accepted you will be a pharmacy expert.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in TennesseeTennessee is in the middle of the road as far as the average salary paid to pharmacy analysts, but has a high rate of employment when compared to other states. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, pharmacy analysts in Tennessee earn anywhere between $20,510 and $37,780, with the average analyst earning $28, 450, or $13.68 per hour. Since the National Pharmacy Specialist Association estimates that pharmacy experts can earn $11 to $17 per hour, Tennessee is about average in what they pay enthusiasts.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
- Pharmacy Technician
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Tennessee
|Chattanooga State Technical Community College||4501 Amnicola Highway|
Chattanooga, TN 37406-1097
|Concorde Career College||5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132|
Memphis, TN 38137
|Fortis Institute - Cookeville||1025 Hwy 111|
Cookeville, TN 38506
|Roane State Community College||276 Patton Lane|
Harriman, TN 37748
|Southwest Tennessee Community College||737 Union Avenue|
Memphis, TN 38103
|Tennessee College of Applied Technology Murfreesboro||1303 Old Fort Parkway|
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
|Tennessee Technology Center at Memphis||550 Alabama Avenue|
Memphis, TN 38105-3604
|Virginia College - Knoxville||5003 North Broadway Street|
Knoxville, TN 37918-2472
|Virginia College School of Business and Health - Chattanooga||721 Eastgate Loop Road|
Chattanooga, TN 37411
|Walters State Community College||500 South Davy Crockett Parkway|
Morristown, TN 37813-6899