Find Accredited Pharmacy Technician Schools in South CarolinaStudents who are interested in working as pharmacy experts in this place must complete a pharmacy expert program that’s accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP). Pharmacy enthusiasts programs must include courses and lectures in pharmacy law and ethics, pharmacy calculations, pharmacology, pharmacy operations, compounding and general education. Additionally, the student must complete practical experiences under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
How to Get Certified in South CarolinaPharmacy analysts must be licensed and both nationally certified and state-certified by the South Carolina Board of Pharmacy. To be eligible for licensure and state certification, the individual must meet the following requirements.
• Must be 18 years of older
• Must have high school diploma
• Must complete an approved training program
• Must have 1,000 hours of work experience as a pharmacy specialists
• Must submit a written application for registration
• Must submit to a criminal background check
The only certification organization that’s approved by the board is the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board. Certification is earned by passing a computer-based examination. To maintain certification, the expert must meet continuing education requirements. The board requires that ten hours be completed through the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education, and the PTCB requires 20 hours of CE every two years.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in South CarolinaThe salaries for the state's certified pharmacy analysts are very similar throughout the state. As of 2012, pharmacy enthusiasts in Summerville earned a median annual wage of $29,500, while those in Florence earned $28,200. Spartanburg pharmacy analysts earned about $29,000, according to the BLS.
Matching School Ads
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||P.O. Box 696|
Aiken , SC 29802
|Central Carolina Technical College||506 North Guignard Drive|
Sumter, SC 29150
|Greenville Technical College||PO Box 5616 Ms 3011|
Greenville, SC 29606
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||743 Hemlock Avenue|
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
|Midlands Technical College||316 S Beltline Blvd, |
Columbia, SC 29205
|Piedmont Technical College||620 North Emerald Road|
Greenwood, SC 29648
|Remington College - Columbia||607 Bush River Road|
Columbia, SC 29210
|Southeastern Institute||4600 Goer Drive|
North Charleston, SC 29406
|Spartanburg Community College||P.O. Box 4386|
Spartanburg, SC 29305
|Tri-County Technical College||7900 Hwy 76, P.O. Box 587|
Pendleton, SC 29670
|Trident Technical College||7000 Rivers Avenue|
Charleston, SC 29423-8067
|Virginia College - Columbia||7201 Two Notch Road|
Columbia, SC 29223
|Virginia College - Florence||2400 David H. McLeod Blvd|
Florence, SC 29505
|Virginia College - Greenville||78 Global Drive, Suite 200|
Greenville, SC 29607
|Virginia College - North Charleston||6185 Rivers Avenue|
North Charleston, SC 29406
|Virginia College - Spartanburg||8150 Warren H. Abernathy Hwy|
Spartanburg, SC 29301