Find Accredited Pharmacy Technician Schools in OhioThe first step to becoming a pharmacy expert in this place is to find an accredited school through which to obtain your education. Be careful when you select a school, as only accredited schools are recognized by the state board, and you cannot obtain a license if you obtain education from a non-accredited institution. The American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists has developed a searchable directory of the accredited pharmacy analyst schools and programs in each state. You can search by school, to see if the school you're interested in is accredited, or by state. Each school name is linked to a directory listing with the contact information for the program director and some additional information about the program itself.
How to Get Certified in OhioOnce you have completed your education, you can continue in the process to becoming a pharmacy analyst in the state. Most states require some type of license to be obtained before practicing, but license is not necessary. As long as you meet the minimum qualifications as set by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy, apply, and become a member of the board you can practice as a pharmacy expert. If you do choose to become certified you will have to take either the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board exam or the ExCPT exam. However, becoming licensed is optional in the state of Ohio.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in OhioAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average analyst of the state makes about $27,430 per year, or $13.19 per hour. However, pharmacy experts can make anywhere between $19,310 and $37,250 per year. TheNational Pharmacy Specialist Association estimates that pharmacy enthusiasts can earn $11 to $17 per hour, and according to the BLS the national average pay for a pharmacy analyst sits at around $29,320 per year, or $14.10 per hour, putting Ohio just under the national average, and just in the middle of the national estimates put forth by the NPTA. However, the industry is also expected to see a faster than average job growth rate between 2012 and 2022, so there are likely to be plenty of job opportunities available.
Matching School Ads
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
- Pharmacy Technician
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Ohio
|Cleveland Clinic||9500 Euclid Avenue, HB105|
Cleveland, OH 44195
|Collins Career Center||11627 State Route 243|
Chesapeake, OH 45619
|Cuyahoga Community College||4250 Richmond Road|
Highland Hills, OH 44122-6195
|Everest Institute - Gahanna||825 Tech Center Drive|
Gahanna, OH 43230