Find Accredited Pharmacy Technician Schools in OhioThe first step to becoming a pharmacy expert in this place is to find an accredited school through which to obtain your education. Be careful when you select a school, as only accredited schools are recognized by the state board, and you cannot obtain a license if you obtain education from a non-accredited institution. The American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists has developed a searchable directory of the accredited pharmacy analyst schools and programs in each state. You can search by school, to see if the school you're interested in is accredited, or by state. Each school name is linked to a directory listing with the contact information for the program director and some additional information about the program itself.
How to Get Certified in OhioOnce you have completed your education, you can continue in the process to becoming a pharmacy analyst in the state. Most states require some type of license to be obtained before practicing, but license is not necessary. As long as you meet the minimum qualifications as set by the Ohio Board of Pharmacy, apply, and become a member of the board you can practice as a pharmacy expert. If you do choose to become certified you will have to take either the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board exam or the ExCPT exam. However, becoming licensed is optional in the state of Ohio.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in OhioAccording to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average analyst of the state makes about $27,430 per year, or $13.19 per hour. However, pharmacy experts can make anywhere between $19,310 and $37,250 per year. TheNational Pharmacy Specialist Association estimates that pharmacy enthusiasts can earn $11 to $17 per hour, and according to the BLS the national average pay for a pharmacy analyst sits at around $29,320 per year, or $14.10 per hour, putting Ohio just under the national average, and just in the middle of the national estimates put forth by the NPTA. However, the industry is also expected to see a faster than average job growth rate between 2012 and 2022, so there are likely to be plenty of job opportunities available.
Matching School Ads
Get allied health training with Ross Medical Education Center. We offer programs in dental assisting, medical assisting, medical insurance billing and office administration, and pharmacy tech.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Learn to be an integral part in a team of medical practitioners providing surgical care
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- This program is offered in Florida, Louisiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas or Virginia
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Find flexible course schedules and student-focused faculty and staff
- Pharmacy Technology
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
Locations: Grand Prairie
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Ohio
|Cleveland Clinic||9500 Euclid Avenue, HB105|
Cleveland, OH 44195
|Collins Career Center||11627 State Route 243|
Chesapeake, OH 45619
|Cuyahoga Community College||4250 Richmond Road|
Highland Hills, OH 44122-6195
|Everest Institute - Gahanna||825 Tech Center Drive|
Gahanna, OH 43230