Pharmacy analysts are having a faster-than-average employment growth, which is expected to continue for several years, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). If you would like to become part of this demanding career, read this article and get all the important information you need to know about requirements and pharmacy expert schools in Kentucky.
Find Accredited Pharmacy Technician Schools in Kentucky
Although pharmacy analyst working in Kentucky are not required to complete a formal training program to obtain licensure as a pharmacy enthusiast, you’ll want to find an accredited pharmacy analyst school if you intend to earn certification, which may be required by some employers. One of the major accrediting agencies for this program is the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP). Kentucky has more than a dozen accredited pharmacy analyst schools, four of which are ASHP-accredited.
How to Get Certified in Kentucky
According to the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy, pharmacy expert are not required to be certified, but they are required to be licensed. To be licensed as a pharmacy enthusiast, you must be at least 16 years, and must submit an application for registration, along with the required fee, to the board. Certification is voluntary but may be required by some employers as it represents commitment and knowledge of this field. Certification can be earned by passing an examination authorized by the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board or the National Healthcareer Association.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in Kentucky
Certified pharmacy analysts working in Kentucky in 2012 earned salaries slightly less than the nationwide average of $29,320, reported the BLS. Pharmacy analysts in Bowling Green earned a median annual wage of $25,200, while the experts in Elizabethtown and Lexington earned $28,400 and $25,500 respectively.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
- Pharmacy Technician
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Kentucky
|Hutchinson Community College||1300 N. Plum|
Hutchinson, KS 67501
|Johnson County Community College||12345 College Blvd Box 26|
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299
|North Central Kansas Technical College||2205 Wheatland Avenue|
Hays, KS 67601
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||200 W Broadway, Louisville, KY 40202||jefferson.kctcs.edu|
|Somerset Community College||808 Monticello St, Somerset, KY 42501||somerset.kctcs.edu|
|Saint Catherine College||2735 Bardstown Rd, St Catharine, KY 40061||sccky.accountsupport.com|
|Sullivan University||3101 Bardstown Rd, Louisville, KY 40205||sullivan.edu|
|Ashland Community and Technical College||1400 College Dr, Ashland, KY 41101||ashland.kctcs.edu|