There are many opportunities out there for Houston residents who would like to become a certified pharmacy analyst. This type of career is currently in high demand and can offer a wide range of employment options including jobs in diverse pharmacy settings, hospitals and at-home care. There is also plenty of opportunity for growth in the pharmacy field.
Vocational Schools, community colleges and online schools offer certification classes for pharmacy analysts. A quick internet search will provide you with dozens of links to accredited schools in the Houston area that can provide this form of training. Texas Southern University has a Pharmacy Specialist certification program which prepares students for all the basics including understanding dosage calculations, reading and interpreting prescriptions, and defining drugs by their prescription or brand name.
Find Pharmacy Technician Schools in Houston
In order to obtain a Pharmacy Analyst certification in Houston, students must pass the PTCB Certification exam. The Pharmacy Specialist Certification Exam is an accredited exam that potential pharmacy analyst must pass in order to receive their certificate. This type of certification will remain valid for two years.
In order to take the PTCB exam, participants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, have no felony conviction, no drug or pharmacy-related convictions (including misdemeanors), and no denial, suspension or revocation of a registration or license by any other State Board of Pharmacy.
The exam can be taken at Pearson VUE Professional Centers in the US. It lasts for two hours and includes a tutorial and exit survey. The total cost to take the exam is $129.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in Houston
Pharmacy experts in the Houston area receive an average of $33,000 per year. This amount is 9% higher than the average amount of pharmacy experts salaries nationwide. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly rate is $14.63, with $9.89 being the lowest reported hourly rate and $20.38 being the highest. The industry that a pharmacy analyst works for can have an impact on their annual mean wage. The industries with the highest levels of employment in this field include Health and Personal Care stores, General Medical and Surgical hospitals, Grocery stores and Department stores. Top paying industries include Federal Executive Branch, Outpatient Care centers, Physician Offices, Colleges, Universities and Professional Schools.
There are many schools in the Houston area that offer top-rated and accredited Pharmacy enthusiasts programs. Remington College offers an extraordinary Pharmacy Specialist Diploma program through their Houston Pharmacy Expert School. Students involved in this program learn how to write simulated prescriptions, transcribe scripts and calculate dosages. They are also trained in data entry as well as filling and packaging orders. Other programs in the Houston area include the following…
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Houston
|Coleman College of Health Sciences||2450 Holcombe Boulevard, Suite #3|
Houston, TX 77021
|Lone Star College-North Harris||2700 W. W. Thorne Drive|
Houston, TX 77073
|Medical Education and Training Campus||3071 Wilson Way|
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-2195
|Richland College||12800 Abrams Road|
Dallas, TX 75243-2199
|San Jacinto College, North||5800 Uvalde Road|
Houston, TX 77049
|San Jacinto College, South||13735 Beamer Road|
Houston, TX 77089
|Sanford-Brown College - Houston||9999 Richmond Avenue|
Houston, TX 77042