Only approved and accredited pharmacy training programs are recommended by the Florida Board of Pharmacy. These training programs must be approved and accredited on or after January 1, 2011. A complete list of acceptable training programs can be found on their website, floridapharmacy.gov, and must be accredited through one of the following organizations:
• American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
• Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
• Council on Occupational Education
Accredited schools with the above organizations do offer credits toward various degrees. The organizations for the approved and accredited training programs, above, are not associated with the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician Schools in Miami
The Florida Board of Pharmacy does not require certification of Pharmacy Analysts. However, they do require registration. Many Pharmacy Experts do choose to become certified after the successful completion of the required training program classes. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board can certified trained Pharmacy Technicians and is recognized in all 50 states.
To be eligible for the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board, analyst must be at least 18 years of age, a high school graduate or equivalent, complete a criminal background investigation and comply with the policies. The examination process lasts 1 hour and 50 minutes and consists of 90 questions. Eighty of these questions are scored while 10 are unscored, unidentified and used for testing purposes for future exams.
Once a pharmacy enthusiast is certified through the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board, they can be disqualified for felony convictions, drug or pharmacy related violations and/or actions taken by the Florida Board of Pharmacy. Disqualifications are on a case by case basis.
The Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board requires their registered Certified Pharmacy Technicians to complete 20 credits of continued education every 2 years along with renewal of certification. Continued education is important in maintaining competency, improves skills, provides continual safety to patients, demonstrates commitment, improves chances for career advancements and pays, and assists in securing more job opportunities.
Certification and registration through the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board does not replace the mandatory registration with the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in Miami
Certified Pharmacy Analysts can anticipate a salary range of $25,795 to $37,796 annually. With salaries below the national average (salary.com), a median salary is $31,587 annually.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Pharmacy Technology
- Pharmacy Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Miami
|Everest Institute - Kendall Campus #720||9020 SW 137 Avenue|
Miami, FL 33186
|Everest Institute - Miami||111 NW 183rd Street, 2nd Floor|
Miami, FL 33169
|Southeastern College - Miami Lakes Campus||17395 NW 59th Avenue|
Miami Lakes, FL 33015