Find Accredited Pharmacy Technicians Schools in Jacksonville
Pharmacy Technicians schools in Jacksonville, Florida must be approved and accredited by the Florida Board of Pharmacy on or after January 1, 2011. A complete list of these programs can be found on the Florida Board of Pharmacy website (floridapharmacy.gov). Accredited training programs can be found through one of the following organizations:
• American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
• Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
• Council on Occupational Education
These accredited training programs are not associated with the Florida Board of Pharmacy. Some of the accredited schools will offer training classes that can be used towards and undergraduate degree.
Pharmacy Technician Schools in Jacksonville
Registration is required in the state of Florida. However, certification is optional to the Pharmacy Expert. Many students prefer to become certified after successful completion of their training program classes. Certification can be obtained through the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board. This board is nationally recognized in all 50 states.
Pharmacy analysts who are certified through the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board must be at least 18 years of age, a high school graduate (or equivalent), pass a criminal background check and comply with PTCB polices. The examination consists of 90 questions with 80 scored and 10 unscored, unidentified questions that are used for future tests. Examinations must be completed within 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Once certified, a Pharmacy analyst can be disqualified for felony convictions, drug or pharmacy related violations and/or actions taken by the Florida Board of Pharmacy. Disqualifications are on a case by case basis.
PTCB required Certified Pharmacy analysts to complete 20 credits of continued education every 2 years along with renewal of certification. Continued education is important in maintaining competency, improves skills, provides continual safety to patients, demonstrates commitment, improves chances for career advancements and pays, and assists in securing more job opportunities.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in Jacksonville
According to salary.com, Certified Pharmacy expert salaries in Jacksonville, Florida are below the national average. Salaries range from a low range of $25,085 to $36,756 annually. A median salary is $20,718 annually.
- Pharmacy Technician (10-month diploma program)
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Pharmacy Technology
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Jacksonville
|Everest University - Jacksonville Campus||8226 Philips Hwy|
Jacksonville, FL 32256
|Sanford-Brown Institute - Jacksonville||10255 Fortune Parkway|
Jacksonville, FL 32256
|Virginia College - Jacksonville||5940 Beach Boulevard|
Jacksonville, FL 3220