A career as a pharmacy analyst is a rewarding profession with excellent growth potential and a competitive salary. Pharmacy analysts perform a variety of job duties including customer service, medication management, inventory, and sales. Most pharmacies require pharmacy experts to complete a training program. Students who successfully complete a training program in pharmacy will be eligible to take the state certification exam. There are a variety of pharmacy schools in the Dallas area to prepare professionals for this exciting career. It’s important to choose a school that is properly certified to receive education of the highest quality.
Pharmacy Technician Schools in Dallas
Pharmacy analyst are required to register with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy to legally work for a pharmacy. Pharmacy analysts must also pass the examination administered by the Pharmacy Specialist Certification Board. Although many pharmacy experts receive training for an accredited school, Texas doesn’t require pharmacy enthusiasts to complete a training program. However, pharmacies are required to provide on the job training to pharmacy analyst employees. Pharmacy enthusiasts should ensure their training program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. The length of a pharmacy expert training varies depending on the school, but most programs can be completed in less than a year. Students should also be prepared to participate in an externship before they can complete their program.
Salaries for Certified Pharmacy Technicians in Dallas
Pharmacy analysts enjoy a competitive salary as well as excellent growth opportunity. According to www.bls.gov, the median salary for a pharmacy expert in 2012 was $29, 320. Pharmacy experts in general merchandise stores generally make the lowest salary. Grocery stores and pharmacies usually earn around $28,000 a year. State, local, and private hospitals earn $33,000 a year. Pharmacy enthusiasts who work for ambulatory health care services make the highest salary, which is around $35,000 a year. Pharmacy enthusiasts should be prepared to work flexible schedule, which includes nights and weekends.
There are a variety of pharmacy expert schools in the Dallas area. Remington College offers pharmacy enthusiasts training in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston. The Health Careers Institute has an excellent training program in pharmacy analyst. Graduates from this program will receive a certificate from the University of Texas at Arlington. Anthem College offers a diploma in pharmacy program in Irving, Texas.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Pharmacy Technology, Associates Degree
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Pharmacy Technician Campuses in Dallas
|Remington College - Dallas Campus||1800 Eastgate Drive|
Dallas, TX 75041
|Richland College||12800 Abrams Road|
Dallas, TX 75243-2199
|Sanford-Brown College- Dallas||1250 W. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 150|
Dallas, TX 75247